Though a fairly young company, the beginnings of Pacific Resins Inc. (PRI) can be traced back to January 22, 1950 when Pacific Products Inc (PPI) started commercial operations as the first paint manufacturer in the Philippines under license from Finch Paint and Chemicals of Torrance, California.
In 1963, PPI integrated into the manufacture of synthetic resins under a licensing agreement from Archer Daniels Midland (later acquired by Ashland Chemicals of Ohio, USA). The licensing agreement covered the manufacture of alkyds, hard resins, epoxy esters, polyesters and acrylic resins. Subsequently, PPI entered into a similar agreement with Victor Wolf of England to manufacture reactive and non-reactive polyamide resins. These two agreements provided the base technology that would drive the company’s research and development efforts. The company’s research team further developed many new products that catered to the paint, printing ink, fiberglass-reinforced plastic and adhesive industries. Through the years, the company established a solid reputation for quality resins in various industries nationwide.
In September 1995, PPI sold its paint business to Imperial Chemicals (ICI) of England, thereby focusing its operations on the manufacture of synthetic resins.
On August 21, 1998, Pacific Resins Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Resins Inc. assumed the synthetic resin manufacturing and trading business of Pacific Products, Inc.